Sol Young

How-to dial T-Mobile voicemail – the number to use

A quick post for T-Mobile subscribers trying to figure out their voicemail number. I just picked up a Nokia N82 and had to set this manually. It took a decent chunk of time to find it on T-Mobile’s site and I don’t want you to have to waste your time doing the same…

The magic number: +1 805 MESSAGE (+1 805 637-7243).

Why you should use their US number…

For the longest time I would just dial my own number and it would go straight to voicemail. Works great if you’re on T-Mo’s US service. If you’re roaming, especially abroad, you’ll incur double roaming charges plus international calling (roaming call while dialing out, long distance calling abroad to a US number, and another roaming call for the forwarding back to your roaming phone). Dialing the 805-MESSAGE number results in a single roaming call.

16 comments for “How-to dial T-Mobile voicemail – the number to use

1. Amy
    January 25, 2009 at 10:58 pm

Thanks, this worked for me. Do you happen to know to configure to send test messages? I can receive, but it fails when I try to send. I'm sure you have a new phone since last summer, but any helpful tips for configuring the N82 would be great. Thanks!

2. January 26, 2009 at 9:47 am

If you're using T-Mobile US, go to Messaging on the N82, then select
    Options->Settings. Go to Text message. Add (or Edit) an entry “T-Mobile”.

The message center name should be “T-Mobile” and the Message center number
    is +12063130004.

3. January 26, 2009 at 2:47 pm

If you're using T-Mobile US, go to Messaging on the N82, then select
    Options->Settings. Go to Text message. Add (or Edit) an entry “T-Mobile”.

The message center name should be “T-Mobile” and the Message center number
    is +12063130004.

4. gigimoor
    February 5, 2010 at 2:59 pm

thanks so much – you saved me tons of wasted hours – and frustration…..Tmobile doesn't post this anymore….

5. Michael V. Coppola
    May 8, 2010 at 6:47 pm

Very helpful, I needed this number after Google Voice wiped out my carrier configuration.

6. May 9, 2010 at 12:54 am

No doubt… This drove me crazy after resetting. I come back to my page to plug it in to GV for each phone :-) glad it helped.

7. Linc
    May 19, 2010 at 3:42 pm

Very useful. Thank you. I set this up on my new Nokia E72 and it worked like a charm w/out prompting for password to access vm. Thanks again.

8. May 19, 2010 at 3:52 pm

Glad I could help – I'm amazed this isn't more readily available.

9. August 24, 2011 at 9:01 am

this post is quite helpful, thanks for posting this!

10. cliqdroid
    September 18, 2011 at 2:00 am

wow this worked perfectly! i just flashed a rom onto my cliq and it wiped my voicemail. this saved a lot of time. Thanks :)))

11. Manny Bellais
    December 18, 2011 at 11:09 am

thank you, my iPhone 4s couldn’t connect to voice mail. I had the red dot on my screen reminding me i have voice mail. Finally i could delete my messages and remove it.

12. Guitarmark
    December 21, 2011 at 11:24 pm

Thank you very much, helpful stranger, for taking the time to do this… just had to switch to a new Tracfone ’cause the old one had the battery die… major headache getting VM set up, at least 4 calls and over 2 hours of time.  I really wanted to get the direct/landline # so I could get my VMs through Google voice without having to pay extra from my cell… and you made it easy for me by sharing this info -so thanks again.
    @2e5416f8e5a29a0738f64fad3a734a48:disqus
    GuitarMark in Las Vegas

13. December 22, 2011 at 1:52 pm

Approve.

14. Jerry Rich
    January 1, 2012 at 7:49 pm

This is an odd way to contact you but… I received an ipad for christmas and told Gordan that if we could connect on facetime I would come over and let you guys visit (with the hope of seeing the baby!) I’m not sure the best way to do this so email me a time and we can try. I’m wondering if I need your email address? Jerry

15. January 1, 2012 at 11:59 pm

Heya Jerry!!!

Glad to hear from you, and congrats on a stupendous device. You’ll love it.

Facetime is great. Skype would also work. The trick is needing a good Internet connection. Gordon doesn’t have wifi at his house, so unless the iPad has 3G we’d have a challenge. If you have wifi, it’d work at your house though. I’ve suggested Gordon get himself a web cam, too… He’s having trouble with Skype though.

For reaching me, please always feel free to get me at sol@solyoung.com or 707-659-6864. I’m stoked you found me through my site :)

16. ashley
    January 6, 2013 at 12:17 am

Ty sooo much deleted my vm # by accident ur a life saver