- @nbryan Seriously. My response is, “It’s the best?”. The highlights were decent, but long periods of blah between the laughs. in reply to nbryan #
- @brad_sukala High price! I’m willing to try another couple episodes. I’ve been told the best are episode 210 “Sandwich Day” and “Cooter”? in reply to brad_sukala #
- WordPress plugin FAIL… Tweets while sleeping, from a setting I specifically turned off, is not cool. Sorry for the tweet bombing. #
- @evantravers Thanks for the RSS heads up. Helped me pinpoint Twitter Tools, a WordPress plugin, that freaked out. in reply to evantravers #
- Out of regular milk… Shredded wheat with chocolate milk is very delicious. #
- @ccarmichael There’s a bug in Twitter Tools for the weekly digest post – http://tinyurl.com/6mooet in reply to ccarmichael #
- @alexkingorg Easy one-liner fix? http://tinyurl.com/6mooet in reply to alexkingorg #
- Huge glut of autos on the market… In Russia they just line the side of the road with car carriers http://englishrussia.com/?p=2162 #
- @peterbromberg I think manufacturers over produced. Now we’ve got a few years of consolidation. BK and bailout aren’t the right approach. in reply to peterbromberg #
- @sschablow oh, no worries, I’m above 80 :) in reply to sschablow #
- Oof, big spiderweb in the face. Sbpppfbbthss… Ptew pthheew. #
- Rock Band 2 has arrived in-house. Post 5pm activities will be killer. #
- @braverydanger The more code you write, the faster time will fly. in reply to braverydanger #
- @braverydanger That’s a WYSIWYG IDE. You don’t write code with it. You drag and drop and use your experience to pretend you’re a newb ;) in reply to braverydanger #
- @spacecadet_ryan RIP. Followed the happening, wish I would have followed http://bit.ly/Xfvp in reply to spacecadet_ryan #
- Rock Band 2 O’clock #
- Letting some Zin breath while wifey finishes on Wii Fit. A rainy night is a terrific night for Christmas cards and vino. #
- Walking to lunch. It’s brisk! #
- @mobilediner Putting something together to get it kicked off again… in reply to mobilediner #
- REI is offering 20% of one item while EMS is offering 25% off everything. Not a tough choice for outdoorsy peeps this year. #
- Rock climbing. Go Vertical in Philly with @uzbechka. #
- With @uzbechka on I95 for father-in-law’s 60’th. Mocha in hand and vanessa mae in the speakers. #
- Upgrading to WordPress 2.7. #
- Replaced the LCD on the N82 – so nice to see it operational again! #
Have you really thought about this? You don’t really want Twitter to make money. Debate on this usually makes me cringe because arguments typically stem from fandom without thought for what happens later.
If you’re a diehard fan of the Twitter service, rooting for their profitibility is counter-productive. You should realize a move towards real revenue is going to affect the Twitter experience, and almost certainly in a negative way.
Or at least in a way that will affect Twitter’s value to you.
Personally, as someone in technology and media, I want @biz to bring in the green and prove web companies can rake in cash. But I understand that when this happens, the value proposition of Twitter for my needs will negatively change.
On Wednesday my wife and I were out at Flavor by Thai Pepper, enjoying some insanely good food and drink. Two conversations took place in adjacent booths, too loud to ignore.
In the booth behind Galina a group of late-twenty-somethings laughed loudly about replacing the contents of a box of chocolates with rocks and giving it as a gift (WTF?!) Behind me, a senior couple dropped the “T” word.
You don’t usually hear random people, especially outside of the tech community, drop Twitter in conversation. However, that’s been changing…
“Twitter? What’s that?” she asked, laughing.
“It’s this web site where you answer a question, ‘What are you doing right NOW?’ – You send a message on your phone, ‘I’m standing in line for a latte’ to everyone.” he described, emphasizing NOW.
She said she was fearful of a greater and greater generational gap forming, to which he disagreed and assured her they could keep up.
Most folks on Twitter are not in the high-school contingent, and judging by more scientific methods the average age is indeed in the mid-thirties. 48% fall in to the 18-34 range, but 21% are over 50. That’s a huge difference compared to Facebook and MySpace having only 8% being over 50.
Don’t let age come between you and your tweets…
Follow @sol on Twitter
Twitter Tools, a WordPress plugin by Alex King, blew up my blog last night. For those of you following my RSS or Twitter updates, this meant you got 45 copies of a weekly Twitter update (and you would have gotten 8 more that were in the queue to be published if I hadn’t caught it and shut it off – thanks @evantravers for the RSS heads up).
I like Twitter Tools very much. It’s the first WordPress Twitter integration I used, and it’s still my preferred way to go. It automatically sends a tweet when I write a new blog entry. A good, clean, way to let people know you wrote something you’d like them to check out. I used to use it for a list of my more recent tweets, but I’ve replaced that with a FriendFeed plugin.
In one of Twitter Tools more recent versions the feature of weekly digest posts of one’s tweets was added. I wasn’t hot on the idea of a daily digest since it would be too often and would ultimately just be a daily barf of one’s tweets and wouldn’t involve actual thought. The weekly was worth checking out so I played around with the settings (above pic).
If the setting for “Create a weekly digest…” is Yes, you are given a choice of day and time for your post. During my trial of the settings, I chose 11:59pm on Sunday night.
This was last week. I’d forgotten about it. This morning however, it blew up with the 45 posts. Pretty ugly bug!
- My sister is in labor as of last night! New family member on the way! Yay Em! #
- Hopping a Hamilton train to NYC. Off to Apple’s iPhone tech talks. http://loopt.us/oOlTmg #
- Walking up Broadway to the millenium. @ Klockner Rd & Sloan Ave http://loopt.us/ZQRd4w #
- The thing I will remember most from this Tech Talk: the need to state, “please silence your key taps” to iPhone note takers. [NYC Tech Talk] #
- Why didn’t I know about this!? http://marketshare.hitslink.com/ For all the browser and OS marketshare info you’ve been dying for. #
- @braverydanger 2.2 brought us the callbacks and controls we wanted. It’ll blow your mind. in reply to braverydanger #
- Kind of hard to concentrate on the tech talk… Parents, brother, brother-in-law, gathered in the waiting room. #
- Err… Brother-in-law is in the delivery room. #
- @cart working on it! in reply to cart #
- @borismsilver I wish I could have seen your presentations. Anything recorded? in reply to borismsilver #
- Sitting in the last Tech Talk session of the day – Submitting to the App Store – 1/2 of the folks are curious. 1/2 of the folks are furious. #
- Times Square, walking to Penn Station. – http://snaptweet.com/c8dcd #
- iPhone app lifecycle: release alpha, make fixes, release beta 1.1, make fixes, label them features, release 1.2. #
- Writing WiX installation code on the train… Code -> XML -> MSI installation DB. #
- @willie Mail.app+Entourage… Daily fingers-in-the-car-door experience. TNEF for winmail.dat blood_blisters++. in reply to willie #
- @willie – it’s been going around – http://tinyurl.com/5kpsxf in reply to willie #
- @willie Gmail? Oh, nm. in reply to willie #
- R5 departing 30th St station – reading news (shared here: http://is.gd/a7Z6) and still bashing the WiX installer. #
- The pride of New Jersey… Cardboard figure kept police at bay for 90 minutes http://is.gd/abQs #
- Left my iPhone at home. For those who have dialed and missed, either hit my other line or wait for me to hit you back in a couple hours. #
- Arriving in Paoli in 10-15 minutes… @uzbechka, see ya at Starbucks! #
- On the express line at sunrise. Trains are the best place for email… No calls, no meetings, just 3G and me. #
- CNNMoney has a good read on the distribution of auto-workers in the USA http://is.gd/alic letting Detroit fail isn’t just about Detroit. #
- 533,000 more unemployed in November. US Pop is 301,139,947… 0.18% lost their jobs. #
- ZDNet had a good story yesterday on floss and cloud computing dominance by 2020 http://is.gd/alsQ #
- @peterbromberg Good point. I’m not for Detroit being bailed out. I prefer bankruptcy and a strict judge. Worthwhile to know the connections. in reply to peterbromberg #
- @cart Take pics of the new office – Might drop in this afternoon with Ki… Let ’em know. in reply to cart #
- Performing my manly duties… Dishes, laundry, vacuuming. #
- New electrical wiring in a bathroom, framing a ceiling, trimming doors, new lights, doorknobs, etc. Construction day. #
- After a full day of construction, the rewarding smell of brownies in the oven and Remi Martin under the nose is heaven. #
- Just watched 30 Rock for the first time. IQ dropped 30 points. [wasted time]. #
UPDATE: I saved the above post for posterity… Something blew up in my blog settings and tons of weekly Twitter blog posts were submitted.